Beaver County Law Practice Associate Attorneys
Our associates bring a fresh point of view to our established legal practice.
Ms. Johnston’s practice is varied to best represent her clients, both businesses and individuals. Her practice areas include municipal law, environmental, toxic and mass torts including asbestos litigation, personal and product liability, corporations, probate, real estate including condominiums, and adoption.
Ms. Johnston represents a township planning commission, and assists members of the firm with representation of other municipalities and local government entities. She is passionate about planning and has been a member of both township and county greenways and recreation planning committees, a participant in pedestrian and bicycle studies, and a writer of grants for trail development. Ms. Johnston represents corporations in product liability actions providing legal counseling in all levels of litigation practice, including pleadings, discovery, depositions, motions, and trial. She has litigated and argued cases before trial courts in Pennsylvania and West Virginia, the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, The Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Ms. Johnston also provides legal counsel to corporations, both profit and non-profit, represents clients in estate matters, including probate, and advises businesses and individuals on real estate matters, including the preparation of condominium documents.
Ms. Johnston represents clients in all aspects of the adoption process, including termination of parental rights, involuntary termination of parental rights hearings, confirming consent hearings, step-parent and grandparent adoptions, and interstate and international adoptions. She has represented clients in both agency and private placements, and intended parents and surrogates in surrogate arrangements.
- Reed, Tosh Wolford & Douglass P.C.
- Attorney Clerk to Hon. Peter O. Steege, Court of Commons Pleas, Beaver County
- 1985 J.D. University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- 1982 B.A. summa cum laude, Criminology, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- The Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- The Supreme Court of the United States of America
- The United States District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- The United States District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Beaver County Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
A complete team of trustworthy attorneys
We each take the lead on individual cases, yet work together to form cohesive legal strategies for the firm’s clients.